Tips for Saving Money Without Making Big Changes


It’s no secret that saving money can be tough. But what if we told you that you could save money without making any big changes? In this blog post, we’re going to give you some tips on how to save money without overhauling your entire budget. Keep reading to learn more about what the renowned investment banker Joseph Schnaier suggests!

Get the basics of saving

1. Understand Where Your Money Is Going: The first step to saving money is understanding where your money is actually going. Track your spending for a month and see where most of your money is being spent. This will help you identify areas where you can cut back.

2. Make a Budget and Stick to It: Once you know where your money is going, it’s time to make a budget. Budgets can help you curb your spending and ensure that you’re not spending more than you can afford. Be sure to stick to your budget as closely as possible!

3. Automate Your Finances as Much as Possible: Automating your finances is a great way to make sure that you’re always on track with your savings goals. Schedule automatic transfers into your savings account so that you don’t have to think about it!

4. Invest in Yourself: One of the best ways to save money is to invest in yourself. Take some time to learn new skills or improve upon existing ones. This will help you earn more money in the long run!

5. Negotiate for Better Rates on Everything: From your rent to your cell phone bill, everything is negotiable! Don’t be afraid to ask for a lower rate – you might be surprised at what you can get!

6. Spend Less Than You Earn: This one might seem obvious, but it’s worth repeating – spend less than you earn! If you want to save money, you need to make sure that you’re not spending more than you have coming in each month.

7. Live Below Your Means: Living below your means is a great way to make sure that you always have extra money left over at the end of the month. If possible, try to live on 80% of your income and save the other 20%!

8. Create a Financial Plan and Stick to It: A financial plan is a great way to organize your thoughts and ideas about saving money. Once you have a plan in place, make sure to stick with it!

9. Use Credit Cards Responsibly: Credit cards can be a great tool for building credit or earning rewards points – but only if used responsibly! Avoid using credit cards for unnecessary purchases and make sure that you always pay off your balance in full each month.

10. Have an Emergency Fund: Last but not least, one of the best ways to save money is by having an emergency fund in place. This will help ensure that you’re prepared for anything life throws your way!


Saving money doesn’t have to be difficult – oftentimes, small changes can make a big impact. By following the tips above, you can start saving money without making any major changes to your lifestyle or budget. Remember, it’s all about understanding where your money is going and making small tweaks along the way!


Like this article?

Share on facebook
Share on Facebook
Share on twitter
Share on Twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Linkdin
Share on pinterest
Share on Pinterest